This is going to be the last article you need to find out the Best Firewire Audio Interface For Mac for you. I have been using this Firewire Audio Interface For Mac for a long time now and through rigorous research and my personal experiences, I have been able to list out the top 10 best products after studying and analyzing almost all of them. Keep reading the Firewire Audio Interface For Mac Reviews and find out which one you will need.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Associate I Earn From Qualifying Purchases.
Best Firewire Audio Interface For Mac
We try to consider consumer reports and feedback to identify between the given spec of a Firewire Audio Interface For Mac vs the actual performance of the Firewire Audio Interface For Mac; which could vastly differ in the real world.
Comparison Chart of Top 10 Firewire Audio Interface For Mac
|1||Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|2||MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface||9.8||Buy On Amazon|
|3||PreSonus Quantum 2626 26x26 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface M1 Chip Compatible||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|4||6Ft Long USB-2.0 Cable Type-A to Type-B High Speed Cord for Audio Interface||9.6||Buy On Amazon|
|5||PreSonus Studio 24c 2x2||9.2||Buy On Amazon|
|6||Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface||9||Buy On Amazon|
|7||M-Audio AIR 192 - 4 - USB Audio Interface with 2 In and 2 Out for Recording||8.8||Buy On Amazon|
|8||Edirol FA-66 6 x 6 FireWire Audio Interface||8.6||Buy On Amazon|
|9||PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 2x2 USB Audio Interface with Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite DAW Recording Software||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
|10||Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface Bundle with Headphones and XLR Cable||8.4||Buy On Amazon|
Table Of Content:
- Apple Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface
- PreSonus Quantum 2626 26x26 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface M1 Chip Compatible
- 6Ft Long USB-2.0 Cable Type-A to Type-B High Speed Cord for Audio Interface, Midi Keyboard, USB Microphone...
- PreSonus Studio 24c 2x2, 192 kHz, USB Audio Interface with Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite DAW...
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface, for the Guitarist, Vocalist, Podcaster or Producer...
- M-Audio AIR 192|4 USB Audio Interface with 2 In and 2 Out for Recording, Streaming and Podcasting, Software...
- Edirol FA-66 6 x 6 FireWire Audio Interface
- PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 2x2 USB Audio Interface with Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite DAW Recording...
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface Bundle with Headphones and XLR Cable
1. Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- The Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter lets you connect Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 devices — external hard drives and Thunderbolt displays, for example — to any of the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports on your MacBook Pro.
- As a bidirectional adapter, it can also connect new Thunderbolt 3 devices to a mac with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port.
- In addition, it can be used to connect Thunderbolt-enabled displays — such as the Apple Thunderbolt Display and LG Thunderbolt 2 displays — to any of the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports on your MacBook Pro.
- Note: This adapter does not support DisplayPort displays like the Apple LED Cinema Display or third-party DisplayPort and Mini DisplayPort displays.
- Compatible with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Pro and Mac mini with thunderbolt ports
2. MOTU UltraLite-MK3 Hybrid FireWire/USB2 Audio Interface
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
- Housed in a rugged, compact half-rack enclosure you can take anywhere, the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid Audio Interface is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer.
- As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides 10 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs.
- Connect all of your recording studio equipment, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices to this MOTU audio interface.
- Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer – with no latency and no processor strain on your computer.
3. PreSonus Quantum 2626 26×26 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface M1 Chip Compatible
- The fastest Thunderbolt 3 audio interface around, with round-trip latency of less than 1 ms.
- 8 front-mounted ultra-transparent XMAX analog mic preamps give pristine quality.
- 24-bit/192kHz digital converters deliver amazingly clean sound with 120dB of dynamic range
- Comes with over $1000 worth of recording software including Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite, and Studio Magic plug-in suite.
- Equipped with 2 combo mic/instrument inputs and 6 mic/line inputs.
- 2 direct outputs with dedicated line-level returns for inserting output gear.
- Up to 26-in/26-out when expanded via dual ADAT Optical.
- Contains ¼” TRS Left and Right main outputs and 8 ¼” TRS line outputs, DC-coupled.
- 2 ¼” headphone outputs with dedicated volume.
- Dual ADAT Optical, S/PDIF, MIDI, and BNC word clock I/O
4. 6Ft Long USB-2.0 Cable Type-A to Type-B High Speed Cord for Audio Interface
- FEATURES / POWER SPECS : Extra Long 6 Feet USB 2.
- WARRANTY: 30 Days Refund – 24 Months Exchange.
- SAFETY: Pwr+ cables manufactured with the highest quality materials. CE/FCC/RoHS certified.
- COMPATIBILITY: Canon i-SENSYS PIXMA MX492 MX922 MG2522 MG3620 SELPHY; Epson Artisan Expression Home XP-330 XP-430 XP-440 Premium XP-830 Stylus WorkForce WF-2750 WF-3640; HP Deskjet 1000 1010 1050 1112 3050 3050A 3632 6940 F4480; HP ENVY 4500 4520 5530 5540 5660 7640 Wireless Color; HP LaserJet 1020 P1006 P2035 P1102W P2055dn P3015; HP OfficeJet PhotoSmart 3830 4650 C4280 C4480 C4795 C4780; Lexmark X4650 X5650; Silhouette Cameo Electronic Cutting Tool Machine.
- Ideal for connecting your Printer, Scanner, Fax, Hard Drive Disk, Server, Keyboard, Midi, DAC, Snowball mic, Development board, UPS, Digital Camera and more to a Laptop, Computer (Mac and PC) and other legacy devices with a USB-B port.
5. PreSonus Studio 24c 2×2
- Mobile-ready, bus-powered 2-in/2-out USB-C audio interface; no power supply needed (USB-C to C and USB-C to A cables included).
- Loaded with 2 pristine XMAX-L solid-state mic preamps to capture every detail.
- Studio-grade converters allow for up to 24-bit/96 kHz recording and playback.
- Stay on top of your recording levels with ladder-style LED monitoring and low-latency direct monitoring.
- Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite DAW Recording Software included.
- Comes with Studio Magic Plug-In Suite – over 1,000 USD worth of computer recording software plug-ins.
- Contains 2 high-headroom instrument/line inputs to record guitar, bass, and your favorite line-level devices.
- Equipped with high-powered headphone output.
- 48V phantom power (global) for condenser microphones.
- Onboard MIDI I/O provides a standard 5-pin DIN connection to keyboards and other MIDI gear.
6. Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface
- Pro performance with the finest pre-amps – Achieve a brighter and a more open recording thanks to the best performing mic pre-amps the Scarlett range has ever seen.
- Get the perfect guitar take – There’s no need to sacrifice your tone with the high headroom instrument input when recording your guitar and basses.
- Studio quality recordings for your music and podcasts – You can achieve professional sounding recordings with Scarlett’s high-performance converters which enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Low-noise for crystal clear listening – Two low-noise balanced outputs provide clean audio playback.
- Easy Start – It’s easier than ever to get up and running with your Scarlett with our online tool, Easy Start.
- All the tools you need to start recording right, now – We’ve partnered with our favourite industry partners to provide you with plenty of sound content and software so that you can create and record music right away.
7. M-Audio AIR 192 - 4 – USB Audio Interface with 2 In and 2 Out for Recording
- Capture Every Detail: Premium component selection and 24-bit/192kHz resolution for professional recording and monitoring to your Mac to PC.
- Low Latency: Hi-Speed USB / USB-C circuitry gives you the fastest connection, with a class-leading round trip latency of only 2.
- Pristine Studio Grade Capture: Transparent crystal preamps and ultra-pristine A/D converters for unsurpassed audio recording quality.
- Connectivity: XLR plus ¼inches TRS combo input, (1) ¼inches instrument input, stereo ¼inches outs and ¼inches headphone out with independent level control.
- Feature Packed: Rugged metal chassis, large central volume control, VU LED meters and USB/Direct knob for zero latency monitoring.
- Software Included: ProTools: First, Ableton Live Lite, Eleven Lite, Avid FX Collection & Touch Loops content, plus the Creative FX Collection, Xpand; 2, Mini Grand, Vacuum & Boom from AIR Music Tech.
8. Edirol FA-66 6 x 6 FireWire Audio Interface
- Solid metal construction
- Compatible with Mac OS X
- Mobile capabilities
- Built-in analog limiter and indicator
- Simultaneous monitoring capabilities
9. PreSonus AudioBox USB 96 2×2 USB Audio Interface with Studio One Artist and Ableton Live Lite DAW Recording Software
- Value-packed 2-channel USB 2.0 interface for personal and portable recording.
- 2 high-quality Class-A mic preamps make it easy to get a great sound.
- 2 high-headroom instrument inputs to record guitar, bass, and your favorite line-level devices, plus MIDI I/O.
- Studio-grade converters allow for up to 24-bit/96 kHz recording and playback.
- Comes with over $1000 worth of recording software including Studio One Artist, Ableton Live Lite, and Studio Magic Plug-in suite.
- Mixer control lets you create a custom blend between inputs and playback so you can monitor with zero latency.
- USB bus-power via USB 2.0 makes it mobile friendly – no need for an additional power supply.
- Equipped with a high-powered headphone output and balanced ¼” TRS outputs.
- Onboard +48V phantom power (global) accommodates studio condenser microphones.
10. Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface Bundle with Headphones and XLR Cable
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface, with a Knox Gear TX-100 Closed-Back Studio Monitor Headphones and Focus Camera by Kirlin 25Ft XLR Cable.
- SWITCHABLE AIR MODE: The Scarlett Solo features a single upgraded third-generation Scarlett mic preamp with switchable Air mode to give your vocal and acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound.
- INTERFACE: The high impedance, high-headroom instrument input allows you to record guitar or bass without any clipping or unwanted distortion, while Gain Halo metering makes it easy for you to set the input level.
- INCLUDED SOFTWARE: There’s no better way to step into studio recording – your Scarlett interface comes with some of the best loved tools in the business, including Hitmaker Expansion, with exclusive content from legendary Auto-Tune creators Antares, along with Brainworx, Softube, XLN Audio, Relab and more.
Firewire Audio Interface For Mac Buying Guide: Top Things To Keep In MindIn order to make sure you buy the right Firewire Audio Interface For Mac, you need to keep some things in mind before you finalize your buying decision. Considering these few things will make sure you make the right choice that’s best suited for you. Along with our Firewire Audio Interface For Mac Reviews given above, and the factors to consider down below, are enough to guide you to get the best Firewire Audio Interface For Mac.
- Consider The Use Case: How and where you are going to use your product makes a lot of difference. If you want something that you are going to use regularly, then you must spend a proper amount to ensure you get good quality stuff. On the other hand, if you are not even sure if you need this on regular basis, then there’s no point in spending a ton of bucks to get the most premium one. Besides, who uses plays a big role as well. Depending on the gender, age, and role, the use case could be different.
- Know The Different Types: Not one Firewire Audio Interface For Mac is suitable for everyone. If you want the best Firewire Audio Interface For Mac, you must know the available types. Before even you want to make a buying decision, the types of Firewire Audio Interface For Mac must be known to you. That way you will make sure that you don’t regret buying the wrong Firewire Audio Interface For Mac.
- Decide The Budget: Understanding the budget right up makes your job easier. Because you can easily eliminate something that does not fall under your budget. Just know that not always spending the most money is the best decision. Understanding what you need and setting your budget around it will help you get the best Firewire Audio Interface For Mac.
- Go For The Brand: It is true that sometimes you have to pay a bit more when you are choosing a branded product. But most of the time, it is more than worth it. Find out the top brands of the product, and check out for product reviews to make sure you are getting a proven product. A good brand ensures you quality and you don’t have to spend a lot of time contemplating about getting a faulty product. More to that, a good brand will offer you a warranty and free returns in some cases.
- Check The Build Quality: You definitely want your Firewire Audio Interface For Mac to stay with you and give you service for the longest time possible. And that is why the build quality and build materials are worth checking. Making sure you are investing in quality materials further ensures the build quality. For a Firewire Audio Interface For Mac to provide better service, build quality is something that you shouldn’t sacrifice, even if there’s a price difference.
- Look For The Features: Different features are available for different functionality. One product might not have all the features a particular category can have. But knowing which features are available makes sure you get to choose something that is actually functional to you. Looking for the right features in your Firewire Audio Interface For Mac can make a lot of difference. There are times when you might grab a feature for no extra cost at all. So, knowing the available features might help you get the best Firewire Audio Interface For Mac and at the same time, it can make sure you are not buying the same product multiple times.